The National Capital Region will be placed under Alert Level 2 starting today, November 5, 2021. This comes with more relaxed quarantine restrictions.
According to presidential spokesperson Harry Roque, the Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Infectious Diseases (IATF) approved the move yesterday. This will be applied until November 21.
So what does that mean?
These are the businesses that are allowed to operate, according to the Philippine News Agency:
- Venues for meetings, incentives, conferences, and exhibitions (MICE)
- Permitted venues for social events (parties, wedding receptions, family reunions, and bridal or baby showers)
- Visitor or tourist attractions (libraries, museums, galleries, parks, plazas, public gardens, scenic viewpoints)
- Amusement parks or theme parks
- Recreational venues (internet cafes, billiard halls, arcades, bowling alleys, swimming pools, and similar venues)
- Cinemas and movie houses
- Limited face-to-face or in-person classes for basic education subject to prior approval of the Office of the President
- Limited face-to-face or in-person classes for higher education and for technical-vocational education and training
- In-person religious gatherings; gatherings for necrological services, wakes, and funerals for Covid-19 cremains and non-Covid-19 deaths
- Licensure or entrance/qualifying examinations and authorized specialty examinations
- Dine-in services of food preparation establishments
- Personal care establishments such as barbershops, spas, salons, and other similar procedures, including home service options
- Fitness studios, gyms, and venues for individual non-contact exercise and sports
- Film, music, and television production
- Contact sports approved by the LGU
- Funfairs/peryas or kid amusement industries (playgrounds, playroom, and kiddie rides)
- Venues with live voice or wind-instrument performers and audiences (karaoke bars, clubs, concert halls, and theaters)
- Gatherings in residences with individuals not belonging to the same household
Under Alert Level 2, these businesses are allowed to operate under the following conditions:
- A maximum of 50% indoor venue capacity for fully vaccinated individuals and those below 18 years of age, even if unvaccinated
- 70% outdoor venue capacity provided that workers of the said establishments are fully vaccinated
What do you think? Share your thoughts below!
Do you have a story for the WhenInManila.com Team? Email us at email@example.com or send us a direct message at WhenInManila.com Facebook Page. Interact with the team and join the WhenInManila.com Community at WIM Squad. Join our Viber group to be updated with the latest news!