Starting February 1, 2023, you can bring small dogs and cats with you to the LRT2.
Of course, there are precautions you must take when bringing your furbaby with you.
Here’s everything you need to know about bringing your pet with you on the train
What kind of pets can I bring?
- Only one (1) dog or cat of small size per passenger is allowed to travel free of charge.
- Pet should be inside an enclosed carrier or cage not exceeding 2ft x 2 ft. in size. It should be on the passenger’s lap or on the floor at the passenger’s feet. Strollers for pets shall not be allowed.
- The pet must wear a diaper to maintain cleanliness and sanitation during the journey.
- The pet shall be subject to inspection, and the passenger-owner must present his/her pet’s vaccination card upon inspection.
Inside the train:
- The carrier/cage should not occupy an extra seat inside the train.
- The passenger-owner and his/her pet shall only be allowed to board at the last/end coach of the train.
- Feeding the pet while inside the station/train is strictly prohibited.
- LRTA may, at its sole discretion, refuse to transport pets that appear to be unruly, aggressive, distressed, in pain, and poses a threat to the health or safety of other passengers. In such cases, the LRT-2 personnel may require the passenger-owner with such pet to alight/exit the station.
- The passenger-owner shall be solely responsible for any injury/damage that may be caused by/to the pet.
What do you think? Share your thoughts below!
Do you have a story for the WhenInManila.com Team? Email us at email@example.com or send us a direct message at WhenInManila.com Facebook Page. Interact with the team and join the WhenInManila.com Community at WIM Squad. Join our Viber group to be updated with the latest news!