Here’s a new app you may want to download: Threads.
It’s by Meta, the company that owns Facebook, Instagram, and WhatsApp.
According to Meta, Threads is an “app built by the Instagram team for sharing with text. Whether you’re a creator or a casual poster, Threads offers a new, separate space for real-time updates and public conversations.”
It adds, “Our vision with Threads is to take what Instagram does best and expand that to text, creating a positive and creative space to express your ideas. Just like on Instagram, with Threads you can follow and connect with friends and creators who share your interests – including the people you follow on Instagram and beyond. And you can use our existing suite of safety and user controls.”
To get started with Threads, all you need to do is download the app on the App Store or on Google Play. You can log in with your Instagram account. Your username and verification will be the same, but you can edit your profile specifically for Threads.
Here are the things you can do on Threads:
- Post text up to 500 characters long
- Include links, photos, and videos up to 5 minutes in length
- Share a Threads post to your Instagram story or as a link on other platforms
- Control who can mention you or reply to you within Threads
- Add hidden words to filter out replies to your threads that contain specific words
- Unfollow, block, restrict, or report a profile. Accounts you’ve blocked on Instagram are automatically blocked on Threads
- Keep your profile private. Users under 16 (or under 18 in certain countries) are automatically set as a private profile
Meta adds that they will add more features. Some of these include “improved recommendations in feed and a more robust search function that makes it easier to follow topics and trends in real-time.”
What do you think? Share your thoughts below!
Do you have a story for the WhenInManila.com Team? Email us at email@example.com or send us a direct message at WhenInManila.com Facebook Page. Interact with the team and join the WhenInManila.com Community at WIM Squad. Join our Viber group to be updated with the latest news!