With the goal of delivering aid to public school students amid the shift to online and blended learning, a citizen-led group has launched EduKonek, an online fundraising drive for the purchase of mobile phones, tablets, and mobile data for schools across the Philippines.
EduKonek plans to gather at least PHP 500,000 to purchase the technology and send them to selected public schools with students who have no access to gadgets and internet connection at home before classes resume in August 2020.
Those who will benefit from the project are as follows:
- Amai Pakpak Central Elementary School, Marawi City, Lanao del Sur
- Tulunan Elementary School, Kabacan, North Cotabato
- Mat-I National High School, Surigao City, Surigao del Norte
- Nueva Valencia National High School, Nueva Valencia, Guimaras
- Salcedo National High School, Salcedo Eastern Samar
- Layog Ogtong Elementary School, Natonin, Mt. Province
- Natonin National High School, Natonin, Mt. Province
- Sabang National High School, Polilio, Quezon
- Justice Cecilia Munoz Palma High School, Payatas, Quezon City
Those interested to help may do the following:
- Make a donation of any amount via Gcash, BPI, BDO, Paymaya or GoFundMe. Check the details here.
- Purchase items from its online bazaar
- Volunteer or partner with them
“Kayang kaya basta’t sama sama. Let’s make sure our learners can continue learning in the new normal,” the group said.
Do you have a story for the WhenInManila.com Team? Email us at email@example.com or send us a direct message at WhenInManila.com Facebook Page. Interact with the team and join the WhenInManila.com Community at WIM Squad! We also share our stories on Viber, join us!