DUN & BRADSTREET ANNOUNCES THE LAUNCH OF THE DUN & BRADSTREET PHOTO CHALLENGE
Manila, 25 October 2011 – Dun & Bradstreet Philippines (D&B) is inviting all amateur and professional photographers residing in the Philippines to showcase their talent by submitting entries to the Dun & Bradstreet Photo Challenge. Entries may be entered under any of the following categories: Philippine Skyline, Famous Landmarks and Places in the Philippines, The Global Filipino Businessperson in Action, SMEs: The Backbone of the Philippine Economy, The Power of Information, BPOs as a major driving force in economy growth. Multiple entries per contestant are allowed.
Those interested to join may view the complete mechanics and submit their entries by visiting the Dun & Bradstreet Photo Challenge website at dnb.com.ph/photochallenge. The contest runs from October 20 to November 20, 2011. Contest winners will become proud new owners of Canon digital cameras.
D&B Photography Challenge
1. Philippine Skyline
2. Famous Landmarks and Places in the Philippines
3. The Global Filipino Businessperson in Action
4. SMEs: The Backbone of the Philippine Economy
5. The Power of Information
6. BPOs as a major driving force in economy growth
1. The contest is open to all residents of the Philippines, both amateur and professional photographers.
2. Photographs should not have previously won an award nor have been published in any publication.
3. Participants may use any digital or film-based camera.
4. Entries must be candid photos and not posed.
5. Entries should be the original work of the contestant.
6. Multiple entries are allowed.
7. Employees of D&B Philippines and Canon, their parents, subsidiaries, affiliated companies, advertising agencies, agents as well as the employees’ relatives up to second degree of consanguinity or affinity are NOT eligible.
Submission and Judging of Entries
1. Photo entries must be uploaded to the D&B Photo Challenge website at www.dnb.com.ph/photochallenge.
2. Each photo entry must be of high quality digital resolution in JPEG or TIFF format. The photo should have a resolution of 300dpi with a maximum file size of 2MB.
3. The placement of identifying marks, such as names, addresses, or any sign to insinuate information about the owner of the entry is strictly prohibited.
4. Each photo entry must strictly observe the following file naming convention: (category)_(last name)_(first name)_(entry number)of(total entries). For standardization purposes, please use the following category names:
– Philippine Skyline – skyline
– Famous Landmarks and Places in the Philippines – landmark
– The Global Filipino Businessperson in Action – filipino
– SMEs: The Backbone of the Philippine Economy – sme
– The Power of Information – information
– BPOs as a major driving force in economy growth – bpo
For instance, if Juan dela Cruz is submitting three (3) photo entries for the category Philippine Skyline his entries shall be named as follows: skyline_delacruz_juan_1of3.jpg, skyline_delacruz_juan_2of3.jpg, and skyline_ delacruz_juan_3of3.jpg.
5. The contest will run from October 20, 2011 to November 20, 2011. All entries must be submitted by 11:59pm of November 20, 2011.
6. Judging of the photo contest will be from November 21 to 30, 2011 in the presence of a DTI representative.
7. Criteria for judging for each category are as follows:
Relevance to the theme/category 40%
Originality and creativity 40%
8. To maintain the anonymity of entries during judging, all photo entries will be renamed by D&B to the format (category)_(entry number).jpg when these are provided to the judges. D&B will maintain the master list which matches each entry to the appropriate contestant.
9. The picture with the highest overall score, regardless of category, will be awarded the Overall Best Picture award. The picture with the second highest overall score, regardless of category, will be awarded the Overall 2nd Best Picture.
10. In the case of a tie, the picture with the higher score on the criteria “Relevance to the theme/category” will be declared the winner.
11. An entry may only win once. Hence, for example, winners of the Overall Best Picture and Overall 2nd Best Picture will no longer be eligible for the Best Category Picture award.
12. Winners and their corresponding prizes will be announced appropriately.
13. The decision of the Board of Judges of the D&B Photography Challenge is FINAL and UNAPPEALABLE.
14. Prizes are as follows:
Overall Best Picture (1 winner) – Canon PowerShot SX220HS
Overall 2nd Best Picture (1 winner) – Canon Digital IXUS 130
Best Category Picture (6 winners – 1 winner per category) – Canon Powershot A800 per winner
Terms and Conditions
1. Entrants must send entries as required in the contest announcement in order to be eligible. Entries received after the deadline set forth in the contest announcement are ineligible, null, and void. D&B Philippines will not be responsible for and will not consider incomplete or incorrect entries.
2. All winners will be notified by registered mail and email. If the winner does not respond to the notification within 10 business days, another winner will be chosen. Failure to respond within the time frames shall mean that the provisional winner forfeits the prize.
3. Upon notification, the final prize must be collected within 60 days. Prizes may be collected from the D&B Philippines office at G/F Convergys One Building (Mail & More Flagship Store), Ayala Ave. cor. Salcedo St., Makati City.
4. To redeem their prizes, winners must present: (a) the letter notification of winning from D&B Philippines; (b) a valid ID with picture; and (c) if through a representative, authorization letter from the winner. The representative must also present a valid ID and the letter notification from D&B Philippines. Winners living outside the Greater Metro Manila area may opt to have their prize delivered, with the delivery cost borne by D&B Philippines.
5. Prizes are not convertible to cash.
6. Taxes to all prizes, if any, will be shouldered by D&B Philippines.
7. D&B Philippines may use, reproduce, edit, display, transmit, prepare derivative works of, modify, publish, and otherwise make use of Materials in any and all media, whether now known or hereinafter created throughout the world and for any purpose—without compensation of any kind to the entrants. D&B Philippines reserves all right to use all photos for the marketing and promotional use for this campaign.
8. By submitting Materials to D&B Philippines, entrants represent and warrant that the Materials do not infringe any copyright, trademark, property rights, rights of privacy or publicity of any person, or any other right of any third party and that you have the full and unrestricted right to transfer the Materials to D&B Philippines free and clear of any claims or encumbrances.
9. Entrants acknowledge and agree that D&B Philippines shall have no obligation to post, display, or otherwise make publicly available any Materials submitted by you.
10. Entrants acknowledge and agree that Materials submitted they submit may be made available by D&B Philippines for viewing, rating, reviewing, and commenting by the public. Entrants acknowledge that comments or ratings that they disagree with or are unhappy about may be published or otherwise become associated with Materials that they submit to D&B Philippines. By submitting Materials to D&B Philippines, entrants waive any privacy expectations that they may have with respect to the Materials.
11. By entering a contest, entrants conclusively are deemed to have agreed to be bound by these contest rules and terms and conditions as well as by any rules specific to such contest. This is an irrevocable condition of entry.
This contest is co-presented by Canon Marketing (Phils.), Inc. BusinessWorld and WhenInManila.com are its proud media partners.
About Dun & Bradstreet (D&B):
Dun & Bradstreet is the world’s leading source of commercial information and insight on businesses, enabling companies to Decide with Confidence® for 170 years. D&B’s global commercial database contains more than 190 million business records. The database is enhanced by D&B’s proprietary DUNSRight® Quality Process, which provides our customers with quality business information. This quality information is the foundation of our global solutions that customers rely on to make critical business decisions.
D&B provides solution sets that meet a diverse set of customer needs globally. Customers use D&B Risk Management SolutionsTM to mitigate credit and supplier risk, increase cash flow and drive increased profitability; D&B Sales & Marketing SolutionsTM to increase revenue from new and existing customers; D&B Internet SolutionsTM to convert prospects into clients faster by enabling business professionals to research companies, executives and industries, over the web; and D&B Online Trust Solutions to enhance credibility online and increase business opportunities.
Dun & Bradstreet Philippines Photo Challenge