Diving spots in the province of Batangas have now reopened.
Tourism Secretary Bernadette Romulo-Puyat, the concurrent chairperson of the Philippine Commission on Sports Scuba Diving (PCSSD), said on Wednesday that she has signed an administrative order on the guidelines in the operation of dive establishments.
Puyat mentioned a resolution of the Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF-EID) that lets the Department of Tourism (DOT) determine the destinations in areas where recreational diving may be allowed.
However, with diving spots reopening, the secretary reminded travelers to present a swab test result showing that they are negative for COVID-19.
Puyat said only dive sites with DOT and PCSSD accreditation would be allowed to operate.
As of last week, 222 of 241 accredited dive establishments and 10 liveaboards secured certificates of authority to operate.
Will you be diving any time soon?
Do you have a story for the WhenInManila.com Team? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or send us a direct message at WhenInManila.com Facebook Page. Interact with the team and join the WhenInManila.com Community at WIM Squad! Join our Viber group to be updated with the latest news!