When in Manila, be artsy and crafty! Craft MNL is a community of artisans, crafters designers and creative entrepreneurs who learn, create, share, and celebrate the work of our hands. It is a venue to share skills, tips, craft leads, and challenges with artisans to learn from one another and to collectively discover more about Philippine traditional craft, its methods, and about local materials.
From sewing, felting and embroidery to printmaking and woodcraft, to weaving local threads and fibers of our traditional craft history, and to brewing craft beer, Craft MNL views the work of their hands as a way to share views, tastes, experiences, and aesthetics with one another and, hopefully, cultivate an appreciation handmade and handcrafted designs.
CraftMNL teams up with When in Manila as they share and spread handmade love this Christmas season! Your friendly craft workspace at the Collective comes to your neighborhood through handmade gift-making sessions across seven lovely locations around Metro Manila.
These sessions are perfect for you if you have always wanted to give handmade gifts and you need time, space, materials, and guidelines. Apart from being able to give handmade love this Christmas, you can amp up the good vibes by knowing that a part of the proceeds from this series of sessions goes to making the kids over at Virlanie Foundation smile a bit wider this holiday season. Check out the schedules below and sign up to get ready for the holiday season armed with handmade love!
- November 17, Screen printing at Edgy Veggy (Kapitolyo, Pasig)
- November 18, Gingerbread cookie decorating at Briggy Hall (Kapitolyo, Pasig)
- November 18, Handmade dolls at Bungalow 300 (Alabang)
- November 24, Crocheted Christmas ornaments at Bungalow 300 (Alabang)
- November 25, Rubberstamp labels for coffee jars at Craft Coffee Workshop (New Manila, Quezon City)
- December 1, Glass etching coffee jars at Craft Coffee Workshop (New Manila, Quezon City)
- December 1, Rubbercut printing at Edgy Veggy (Kapitolyo, Pasig)
- December 2, Gingerbread cookie decorating at Pipino Jupiter (Makati)
- December 2, DIY Journals at Briggy Hall (Kapitolyo, Pasig)
- December 8, Screen printing at 10A Alabama (New Manila, Quezon City)
- December 9, Giftwrap paperfolding session at 10A Alabama (New Manila, Quezon City)
- December 15, Glass etching + making preserves at Pipino Malingap (Teacher’s Village, Quezon City)
- December 16, Giftwrapping + washi jewelry session at Briggy Hall (Kapitolyo, Pasig)
All sessions are from 2 PM to 5 PM at their respective venues. Session fees vary.
But we’re not done yet! When in Manila, how about winning some really incredible stuff from CraftMNL? Join our #HandmadeChristmas giveaway and get a chance to score a Php1,000-worth of gift certificate plus other gracious freebies! To participate, just click the banner below and follow the mechanics. It’s super easy, we promise! :) Advance happy-crafty Christmas, everyone!
7274 Malugay Street,
The Collective, Makati City
Facebook / Twitter: @CraftMNL
Craft MNL’s 13 Days of Christmas: Handmade Giftmaking Sessions in Your Neighborhood!