Parenting in today’s age presents challenges that wasn’t present a decade ago: Aside from a highly competitive academic environment and evolving school curriculums, parents have to contend with the pervasive influence of social media and the internet. With all these challenges our children are faced with, how can they cope up, thrive, and excel in today’s dynamic and wired environment?
To address the concerns of parents of millennial children, Our Awesome Kids – a subsidiary of the popular food and travel blog Our Awesome Planet – is organizing an education forum entitled “BRAIN GAIN: How Parents Can Help Raise Smarter Kids! Techniques to Boost Intelligence and Productivity in School and in Life” at the Asian Institute of Management (AIM), Makati on February 28 (Saturday) from 1:00pm to 5:00pm. This is an ideal education forum for parents who want to help children boost their learning potential, academic performance and overall productivity.
The summit brings together top educational experts in their fields, which include:
- Mary Joy Abaquin, who will speak on ‘How Understanding A Child’s Multiple Intelligences Helps Improve Their Productivity in School.’ She is the founder of the Multiple Intelligence International School (MIIS) and holds a Masters Degree in Early Childhood Education from Boston University (Summa cum laude) and a Certificate in Professional Education from the Harvard Graduate School of Education Program.
- Cherry Pua-Africa, who will talk about ‘Igniting the Fire In Your Child (Using NLP to Empower Your Child to Achieve His Highest Results)’. Cherry is the founder of the Singapore-based World Stage Superstar program, a successful student franchise that has trained close to 10,000 students, parents & educators in the top local and international schools across the ASEAN region. Cherry has a Masters in Education and is a certified Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP) trainer from the American Board of NLP.
- Goh Choon Kim, who will speak about ‘How Brainfit Fitness Improves Intelligence’ and ‘Improving Focus Among Children In A Highly Wired Environment.’ Goh holds a post-graduate degree in Education from the National Institute of Education, Singapore and has been actively involved in Singapore Education as a lecturer and consultant, working with schools and parents in the areas of cognitive and socio-emotional development. Ms Goh’s key interest is in neuroplasticity and the impact it can have on schoolchildren and the way they learn.
- Roberta Quiambao who will speak on, ‘New Study Techniques to Improve Grades and Overall Productivity’. Rossanna is the President of the country’s biggest tutorial service and review center – AHEAD Learning Systems, Inc. which has been recognized as the “Most Outstanding Tutorial and Review Center” and “Most Outstanding Learning Center” by three national consumer groups.
- Jeanette Yu Co who will talk about ‘The Foundations of a Happy Learner: A Fit Brain + Knowledge’. Jeanette holds an MA in Education and is President of BrainFit studio, the leading provider of the most up-to-date and neuroscience-based brain fitness training programs in the country that improve both general intelligence (IQ) and emotional intelligence (EQ).
For inquiries and reservations, please contact (+63915) 932 2330 or (+632) 812 0102. You can also visit www.ourawesomekids.com or email us at email@example.com. Limited slots available.
The Brain Gain is brought you in partnership with Our Awesome Planet, BrainFit Studio, Mommy Mundo, The Writer’s Block, WhenInManila.com, Rappler, Smart Parenting and the Philippine Star.