No matter the occasion or weather, you can never have too much ice cream. Creamy, sweet, and delightfully cold, ice cream is a crowd favorite. The good news? You can make it at home!
This simple avocado ice cream cake recipe comes from food blogger Angelica Cortez Jose (@beingjellybeans), who adds that you can easily switch the avocados for fruits you have on hand— like mangoes or even strawberries. While her version is pretty easy to make, she ups the ante by turning it into a cake. That way, you can save it for a rainy day or for special occasions at home.
How to Make a Homemade Avocado Ice Cream Cake
For the Crust
- 2 cups of crushed Christia toasted bread or crushed graham crackers
- 1 stick of softened butter
- 3 tbsp of white sugar
For the Ice Cream
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 can of condensed milk (300 mL)
- 2 cups of heavy whipping cream
- In a bowl, mix your crushed toasted bread, butter, and sugar together. Transfer half of it to a 6 x 2 inch cake tin and press the crumb mixture to form a crust. Repeat with the remaining half in another cake tin, then set both aside.
- Scoop out the flesh from both avocados and puree it in a blender.
- Add your avocado puree, condensed milk, and heavy cream. Using your stand or hand mixer set at low speed, mix your ingredients together until well-combined.
- When the mixture begins to thicken, increase the speed to medium. Continue mixing until stiff peaks form.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared cake tins. Tap the edges to even out the top, and smooth it out with a spatula if needed.
- Freeze for at least six hours or overnight. Enjoy it the next day!
How would you make your own fruity ice cream cake? Share your ideas with us!
Do you have a story for the WhenInManila.com Team? Email us at story.wheninmanila@gmail.