This May 26-28, ASES Manila will host its first ever local career design conference for students in Manila.
ASES Manila brings to you the ASES Bootcamp for Career Design — an all-new three-day career design boot camp that aims to develop college students to be the best designers, marketers, coders, and entrepreneurs of the future. It will be held on May 26-28, 2017, with Day 1 being held at Launch Garage Innovation Hub, Day 2 at Ateneo de Manila University, and Day 3 at Microsoft Philippines.
ASES Manila is the local chapter of the Asia-Pacific Student Entrepreneurship Society (ASES), a student-run organization founded and based at Stanford University in 1989 with the goal of connecting student entrepreneurs all over the world to create a global network of innovators.
Last year, ASES Manila organized the prestigious ASES Asia Summit, which was held in Metro Manila from July 25-31, 2016, with the theme “Social Technopreneurship: Using Technology to Create Scalable Impact in Emerging Markets”. During this 7-day summit, delegates from all over the world came together to attend this conference, which took place in various places in the metro, including the GK Enchanted Farm, Ateneo de Manila University, Subic Beach, Kalibrr, Uber Manila, and LaunchGarage Innovation Hub.
During the ASES Bootcamp for Career Design, participants will be exposed to a series of activities and talks. The program is as follows:
Day 1: Know Yourself
LaunchGarage Innovation Hub
Self-development talks and workshops by prominent individuals will be held. At the end of the day, the participants will design the life they want for themselves and create their own life trajectory.
Day 2: Build Yourself
Ateneo de Manila University
Workshops by industry experts on marketing, designing, programming, and entrepreneurship will be offered to the participants. Later in the day, the case for the competition will be released, and the participants will be given working time to prepare with their mentors.
Day 3: Pitch Yourself
Each track will have a different case to tackle, and participants will be pitching themselves individually to an esteemed panel of judges. After the winners are announced, a farewell dinner will follow at a nearby restaurant to close the event.
This year’s pool of speakers will include, among others:
- Paul Rivera, the co-founder and CEO of Kalibrr
- Jaykee Evangelista, the Design Team Lead of Canva Manila and former art director of Summit Media
- Artie Lopez, a startup coach and the co-founder of Brainsparks Philippines
- Kristian Guevara, the co-founder and CTO of Tralulu
- Ely Apao, founder of UX Philippines and a former product manager and UX manager in US Auto Parts and OLX Philippines respectively
- Jolly Estaris, one of the leading managers of Google Philippines, as well as an associate director for digital strategy creation and media planning for Mediacom
- Matec Villanueva, a marketing consultant at CNN Philippines and former chairman and CEO of Publicis Manila
Don’t miss this opportunity and apply now to join at asesmanila.org. Only incoming college freshmen and current college students are allowed to join. The deadline to apply is on May 8, so hurry up and apply now to claim your slot!