The Apple fandom was in for a treat today as tons of shiny gadgets were announced at the Apple September event, including the brand-new iPhone 11.
Screenshot from: Apple website
So, what did Apple announced so far? In summary, they launched:
- A brand new iPhone 11 with two cameras, starting at $699 (about P37,000)
- The iPhone 11 Pro with three cameras and two versions, starting from $999 (about P52,000)
- The Apple Watch Series 5 with new ceramic and titanium cases, starting at $399 (about P21,000)
- A new iPad – the cheapest available at $329 (about P18,000)
- Apple Arcade, the game-streaming subscription, coming on September 19 for $4.99 (about P260) a month
- Apple TV+ launching on November 1 in more than 100 countries for $4.99 (about P260) a month
iPhone 11 Features and Specs
- All‑new dual‑camera system – Take your photos from wide to ultra wide. A redesigned interface uses the new Ultra Wide camera to show you what’s happening outside the frame — and lets you capture it. Shoot and edit videos as easily as you do photos. It’s the world’s most popular camera, now with a whole new perspective.
- Shoot and edit the highest-quality video in a smartphone – iPhone 11 shoots beautifully sharp 4K video at 60 fps across all its cameras. The Ultra Wide camera captures 4x more scene, so it’s perfect for action shots like your dog catching a frisbee. If you’re recording a performance — say, your kid’s piano recital — when you zoom in, the audio zooms too. And now you can edit videos as easily as you do photos
- New Ultra Wide camera – Go big — the new Ultra Wide camera captures 4x more scene. Think breathtaking landscapes that go on forever. Capturing the entire stage and crowd at a music festival. And vacation shots that show the whole family — including the views you traveled 18,000 kilometers for.
- Night mode – Shooting in low light doesn’t have to be a shot in the dark. Night mode is a new feature that turns on automatically for low‑light photos like you’ve never seen. There’s no need for flash, colors are more natural, and photos are brighter.
- Next‑generation Smart HDR – Thanks to machine learning, Smart HDR is more intelligent than ever. It recognizes people and treats them differently from the rest of the shot. So faces have beautiful highlights, shadows, and natural‑looking skin tones. And that stunning sunset in the background still looks gorgeous.
- Start shooting video instantly with QuickTake – Take a video simply by holding the shutter while in photo mode. Then swipe to the right to continue recording. If you’re shooting outdoors, the A13 Bionic can use machine learning to automatically track a moving subject.
- Introducing the slofie – Everything looks cooler at 120 fps, even if you’re just saying cheese, waving hi, or tossing your hair in the breeze. And now you can add more of everything to your selfies thanks to the new 12MP TrueDepth camera. Just turn your iPhone to landscape and the camera automatically zooms out to fit more in.
- Toughest glass in a smartphone – Front glass and back glass are strengthened through a dual ion‑exchange process.
- Water-resistant to twice the depth – iPhone 11 is water-resistant up to 2 meters for up to 30 minutes — double the depth of iPhone XR.
- Liquid Retina LCD – The true-to-life all‑screen design makes everything look amazing.
- True Tone – Adjusts the white balance to match the color temperature of the light around you.
- Tap or raise to wake – Your iPhone is ready in an instant.
- Haptic Touch – Do all kinds of essential things faster with contextual menus and shortcuts.
- All-day battery life – Hardware and software work together to get the most out of your battery. And thanks to fast‑charge capability, you can recharge in less time.
- Both iPhone 11 and iPhone 11 Pro have the fastest chip ever in a smartphone – A13 Bionic is so powerful, everything you do is fast and fluid. It also works in the most power‑efficient way possible, so your battery lasts longer. In fact, A13 Bionic is so advanced, it’s years ahead of the pack.
Apple Watch Series 5 Features and Specs
Screenshot from: Apple website
- The display never sleeps – With the new Always-On Retina display, you always see the time and your watch face.
- Customizable – Choose a case and pair any band in the Apple Watch Studio.
- Has heart rate monitor – Quickly check your heart rate, and get notifications when it appears to be too high or too low.
- Tells you when things are getting loud – The new Noise app alerts you when decibels rise to levels that can impact your hearing.
- Lets you track your cycle – The new Cycle Tracking app makes it easy to log information about your menstrual cycle.
- Helps with fitness goals – There are workouts for every way you exercise. And advanced metrics for every level of athlete.
- Motivates your to move – The Activity rings track your progress and inspire you to sit less, move more, and exercise every day. You can even compete with friends in challenges.
- Syncs with your favorite music – Listen to the entire Apple Music library and the podcasts you love.
- Great with navigation – With a compass and ground elevation, it’s made for life’s twists and turns, and ups and downs.
- Gets apps in a snap – The App Store is now on your wrist, so you can find and download the latest apps in seconds.
- Keeps you connected – Call from the trail, text from the beach, or listen to music while skateboarding.
The availability of these new devices isn’t announced yet. The local Apple website asks customers to check back later for availability.
Will you be switching to the new iPhone or Apple Watch soon?