Today, schools, the public sector, and the private sector have suspended classes and work for the Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) Summit held this week in Metro Manila. If you’re thinking of going out to enjoy the break, here are the roads that are being closed or rerouted by the Metro Manila Development Authority (MMDA):
LOCKDOWN / TOTAL CLOSURE
Starting 6 AM
– EDSA Ayala to MOA
– Roxas Blvd. – NAIA Road to Katigbak
– From EDSA to Diokno Avenue to Seaside Blvd.
– Macapagal Avenue from ASEANA to Buendia Extension
– Skyway At-Grade NB from Nichols to Magallanes
Starting 9 AM
– Roxas Blvd. to NAIA Road to Terminals 1 and 2
– From East Service Road (PNR) to Magallanes
– From Skyway to Magallanes Exit (Stop and Go from 6 am then Total Closure at 4pm)
– From Magallanes Skyway to Terminal 3
– EDSA Southbound will be diverted to Buendia or u-turn to Kalayaan
– EDSA Northbound will be diverted to Magallanes Service Road, SLEX, Sales Bridge, C5, or Lawton / BGC
– All vehicles from Cavitex cannot exit Macapagal Blvd. or NAIA Avenue; Must u-turn to Macapagal. Only private vehicles will be allowed to enter Cavitex from Marina and Sentosia.
– Vehicles from EDSA Southbound, left turn at McKinley, then C5 to destination
– Vehicles to Manila, right to Buendia to destination
– Buses in EDSA SB are diverted from Ayala Avenue to C-5 McKinley SB
– EDSA NB not accessible to city buses from Cavitex. Last point of drop-off is at Coastal Terminal.
MMDA shuttles (Libreng Sakay) will be available in Roxas Blvd. Service Road from NAIA Avenue to EDSA Heritage Hotel
What do you think? Share your thoughts below!