Siblings Sarah and Pia Wurtzbach became the talk of the town this past week after Sarah suddenly wrote scathing remarks about the Miss Universe titleholder on her Instagram stories.
View this post on Instagram
In the posts, Sarah heavily criticized Pia for allegedly not being a supportive sister to her, specifically for siding with their mother, Cheryl Alonzo Tyndall, with whom Sarah is not on good terms with, and for not giving her financial aid at her time of need.
The controversial rant blew up on social media as many were left shocked and dismayed by the allegations made towards the beauty queen. Fans started calling out Pia as a result, which alerted Sarah to release a follow-up statement to defend herself and her sister.
“Stop hating on Pia. Yes I am angry and still am, but your words will not fix anything,” she had said on her post on Monday, October 12. “If anything, you’re condoning negativity and that’s what’s wrong with the world, and that’s what’s wrong with you.”
She also said that she’s “fighting a losing battle every day” and apologized for taking it “too far.”
“Being silenced for many years takes a toll on you,” she continued. “I don’t want fame, or be acknowledged by others, or money, or things. I really just want a hug.. I feel so alone everyday.”
She then expressed how she’d rather vent to release the pain within her just so she can be strong to live another day for her kids.
Meanwhile, Pia has yet to release her own public statement but reports say that she is on her way to the United Kingdom to most likely patch things up with her sister.
What are your thoughts on this? Share them in the comments below.
(ALSO READ: WATCH: Jeremy Jauncey Meets Pia Wurtzbach’s Mom)
- Natasha Goulbourn Foundation (NGF) – (02) 804-HOPE (4673), 0917 558 HOPE (4673) or 2919 (toll-free for GLOBE and TM subscribers)
- Manila Lifeline Centre (MLC) – (02) 8969191 or 0917 854 9191.
- In Touch Community Services Crisis Lines – For relationship problems, addiction, abuse, other emotional problems. +632 893 7603, 0917 8001123, 0922 8938944. Email at email@example.com.
- Living Free Foundation – For addiction, individual and marital counseling. 0917 322 7087. Email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Dial-a-Friend – (02) 5251743 or (02) 5251881.
Do you have a story for the WhenInManila.com Team? Email us at email@example.com or send us a direct message at WhenInManila.com Facebook Page. Get the latest news about the Philippine Entertainment industry and join the WIM Showbiz Facebook group! We also share our stories on Viber, join us!