This weekend, if there is one thing in mind that everyone is looking forward to, that is the smell of home-cooked meals painstakingly prepared by none other than you, oh wait, did we mention “painstakingly”? This is what strikes our mind when we talk about home-cooked meals and we somehow agree as we heard this dilemma from one of our work from home moms asking us for quick but comfort-food recipes for their next weekend at home. Most of us are usually around lately but nothing beats a sumptuous meal with the entire family during weekends, and we’re sure you won’t miss that chance to make it extra special.
And YES!, you have that one extra day to complete this project of yours to give the entire family a taste of comfort food (as your way of showing them your love and care). That is why we prepared eight different recipes from breakfast up to midnight snacks that will surely find their way to everybody’s tummy and fill their hearts with joy.
8. BREAKFAST FOR THE KIDDOS
We can’t stop asking ourselves why kids love Pancakes that is why we made an exciting but very easy-to-follow recipe to create your sure hit Pancake Medley topped with King Sue’s Bacon.
- 4 slices King Sue Sweet Ham
- 6-8 piece King Sue Bacon, cooked
- 2 cups dry pancake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- Mix pancake mix, eggs, and milk. Whisk until most lumps dissolve.
- Heat a non-stick pan using medium/high heat.
- Brush the pan with a little butter.
- Place bacon slices and ham on a skillet and then top with pancake mix until covered. 5. Cook until the top is bubbly and the edges start to dry. Flip and continue cooking until the other side is golden brown (about 45 seconds-1 minute).
7. BREAKFAST FOR THE BIG GUYS
Apart from the kiddos, if your family tends to go for a heavy breakfast we may be right in giving you the Korean Chicken Tocino Stir-Fried Rice that you can partner with a sweet and healthy Dark Chocolate Drink (please serve it hot!).
- 1 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 pc. White Onion
- 250g King Sue Chicken Tocino
- 1 tbsp. Korean Bean Paste
- 1 tbsp. Oyster Sauce
- 1 pc half small carrots, julienned
- 1 pc Green Bell Pepper, sliced thinly
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup Chinese Cabbage
- 4 cups Bean Sprouts
- 1 tbsp Sesame Oil
- 1 tbsp. Sesame seeds
- Saute in Olive Oil the garlic, onions, and King Sue Chicken Tocino
- Add the bean paste, oyster sauce, and a dash of sesame oil. Then add the carrots and bell pepper
- Add vegetables. Then add the cooked rice and combine well.
- Toss in the rest of the vegetables and top with sesame seeds
6. BRUNCH FOR THE LATE RISERS
That meal between breakfast and lunch, we’ve got you covered with a basic recipe made special with King Sue’s signature products. Take a look at King Sue’s Bacon, Cranberries, and Cabbage sandwich (if they’re late because of binging over Squid Game, you may skip recipes 1 and 2 and this dish will surely do the trick).
- 9 slices King Sue Bacon Sliced
- 1/2 small cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 cup Carrots, julienne
- 1/4 cup Walnuts, chopped
- 1/4 Cup Dried Cranberries
- 1/4 Cup Honey
- 1/4 Cup Natural Yogurt
- 6 slices Sourdough Bread
- 8 tbsp. Butter
- 1 piece Apple, thinly sliced
- Salt and Pepper
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, honey, and yogurt until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside
- In a large bowl, toss together cabbage, carrots, walnuts, and cranberries. Pour dressing over cabbage mixture and toss evenly to coat
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Spread both sides of bread with butter and toast until brown.
- Assemble the sandwich. Place 1/2 cup of cabbage salad on top of one toasted bread. Add 2 slices of King Sue Bacon Sliced and 4 slices of apple. Add another piece of toasted bread. 5. Slice the sandwiches before serving. Serve Immediately.
5. NO ONE IS ALLOWED TO SKIP LUNCH
Nothing beats a cup (or probably two) of Yang Chow Fried Rice topped with King Sue’s Chorizo, Hungarian Sausage, and Bacon. Don’t forget to serve your family’s most loved viand to go with this special rice.
- 70g King Sue Chorizo, chopped
- 280g King Sue Hungarian Sausage, chopped
- 250g King Sue Bacon Sliced, chopped
- 3 tbsp. Vegetable Oil
- 1 tsp. Ginger, minced
- 1/4 cup White Onions, chopped
- 1 tbsp. Garlic minced
- 2 pcs. Eggs, beaten
- 6 cups Cooked Rice
- 1 1/2 tbsp. Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Sugar
- 1 tbsp. Hoisin Sauce
- 3/4 cup Green Peas
- 100g Chinese Cabbage, finely chopped or shredded
- Spring Onions, chopped (garnish)
- Saute ginger, white onions, and garlic
- Add King Sue Chorizo, King Sue Hungarian Sausage, and King Sue Bacon set aside. 3. In the same pan, cook beaten eggs. Stir or cook very well. Cut into small pieces. 4. Add Cooked rice.
- Season with soy sauce, hoisin sauce, salt, and sugar. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Add green peas and Chinese cabbage.
- Before serving, sprinkle the top with chopped spring onions.
4. SNACKS, SNACKS & SNACKS
We won’t miss out on a nice “merienda” for the entire family, and for this special weekend escapade you’re serving them Monte Cristo Sandwich with King Sue’s Sweet Ham and King Sue’s Chicken Nuggets (CAUTION: Prepare more because everyone will love this!)
- 2 slices King Sue Sweet Ham
- 2-3 slices King Sue Chicken Nuggets (cooked and sliced thinly)
- 2 slices White Bread
- 2 slices Cheese
- As Needed Butter
- 1 pc.Whole egg beaten
- 3 tbsp. Milk
- Place the toast sices on a clean work surface. Spread tops with butter.
- Place the King Sue Chicken Nuggets, King Sue Sweet Ham, and cheese slices on one of the pieces of bread. Top with the remaining slice of bread, buttered side down.
- Beat the egg and milk together to form the batter
- Dip the sandwich in the batter until it is completely coated and the liquid has partially soaked into the bread
- Cook on a griddle until browned on both sides
- Cut in half or quarters and serve.
3. MORE SNACKS
Tell everyone in the household that no one is allowed to order food outside because today is a home-cooked comfort food day, but we can’t stop them from craving for Pizza, that is why we took this extra effort to give you a recipe for Meat Lover’s Pizza topped with King Sue’s Bacon, Sweet Ham, Pepperoni, and Chorizo Bilbao.
- 1/2 cup King Sue Bacon Cubes cooked
- 1/4 cup King Sue Sweet Ham, chopped
- 1/2 cup King Sue Pepperoni
- 1/4 cup King Sue Chorizo Bilbao, cooked and sliced
- Store-bought Pizza Crust
- 3/4 cup Store-bought Sweet Tomato Sauce
- 1 1/2 cup Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/4 cup Cheddar Cheese
- 1/4 cup Caramelized Onions
- Freshly Cracked Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Mix Mozzarella cheese and cheddar cheese
- Lightly spread tomato sauce on the prepared pizza crust. Sprinkle over half of the mixed cheeses. Add in King Sue Bacon cubes and King Sue Sweet Ham. Top the rest of the mixed cheeses, King Sue Pepperoni, King Sue Chorizo Bilbao, and caramelized onions. Season with freshly cracked pepper.
- Bake in a preheated oven for about 12 minutes or until the cheese has melted completely. 5. Cut into slices and enjoy.
2. THE HIGHLIGHT OF THE DAY, DINNER!
Oh, the good ‘ol Stew! Don’t blame us if the entire family will eat more than their regular diet because believe us when we say that this is the “champ”, the champion amongst all comfort food. Stay tuned as we reveal the recipe for King Sue’s Hungarian Sausage & Lentils Stew.
- 1 pack King Sue Hungarian Style Sausage 280 grams, sliced
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 piece bay leaf
- 2 tbsp. King Sue Bacon, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 1 can lentils
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and Pepper
- chopped parsley
- Heat Olive oil and saute bacon.
- When bacon is cooked, add in garlic and onions
- Saute for a while
- Add in lentils. Saute for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add in sliced sausage. Thyme and bay leaf mix well. Pour in beef stock, add balsamic vinegar, and season with salt and pepper.
- Simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Add in chopped parsley and turn off the heat.
1. MIDNIGHT SNACKERS UNITE
Sure, the day isn’t over yet! They’re watching on Netflix or playing mobile games at this point, but they’d want to get a snack, have this nice quick snack ready for everyone to consume.
- Buttermilk Scones
○ 2 3/4 cup Bread Flour
○ 3 tbsp. Sugar
○ 1 tbsp. Baking Powder
○ 1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
○ 1/2 tsp. Salt
○ 6 tbsp. Cold Butter
○ 3/4 cup Buttermilk
○ 1/4 cup Cream
○ 1 pc. of Egg for Brushing
- King Sue Bacon Jam
○ King Sue Bacon Bits 500g
○ 4 white Onions, caramelized
○ 5 tbsp. Brown Sugar
○ 3 tbsp. White Wine Vinegar
○ 1 tbsp. Balsamic Vinegar
○ 1 tbsp. Dried Thyme
○ 1 tbsp. Chili Flakes
○ Olive Oil
○ Salt and Pepper
For King Sue Bacon Jam
- In a large skillet, place the King Sue Bacon Bits over medium heat for 10 to 15 minutes until crispy.
- Deglaze with white vinegar
- Add caramelized onions. Stir in the brown sugar.
- Add dried thyme, chili flakes, and balsamic vinegar.
- Cook until the bacon jam has darkened in color.
- Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Serve immediately with scones or transfer to an airtight container
- Warm before serving.
For Buttermilk Scones
- In a bowl, sift flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- In a food processor, pulse butter and flour mixture until crumbly.
- Add buttermilk and cream slowly until well incorporated.
- Lightly knead the dough and transfer to a baking sheet dusted with flour. Freeze for 1 hour. 13. Preheat the oven to 425F. Line greased baking sheet with parchment paper
- Cut the dough into individual rounds, roll out scraps, and cut more doughs.
- Place the scones apart and brush with egg. Bake in a preheated oven for 12-15 mins. Until the toothpick inserted comes out clean
- Serve with butter and King Sue Bacon Jam
Drooling now? We’re sure that your weekend will be as interesting as every recipe we shared above but don’t forget to be creative by producing scenarios and programs that will encourage interaction during meal times. Enjoy!
Want to try your versions, order direct here via SMS or Viber: 09437082018 or 09175949143
And you know, the list continues. Share your recipes to facebook.com/KingSueHam for a chance to be featured and win special prizes.
Do you have a story for the WhenInManila.com Team? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or send us a direct message at WhenInManila.com Facebook Page. Interact with the team and join the WhenInManila.com Community at WIM Squad! Get the latest news about the Philippine Entertainment industry and join the WIM Showbiz Facebook group! We also share our stories on Viber, join us!