7 Things I Learned from When In Manila Induction at The Mind Museum
No one immediately starts as the best, we practice, we listen and learn to become a better version. And as I look back and reread my first article in When In Manila, I believe it is my solid proof of how much I’ve learned from my mentors and how much I can write better now.
Learning is a process, life itself is a process.. we can’t be better if we don’t start at something..Everything is a process and sometimes I tend to forget that, so I am very thankful I decided to attend the When In Manila Induction last week, I was reminded of these simple yet important things..
So…Here I am sharing to you the 7 things I learned from When In Manila’s Induction at The Mind Museum.
7 Things I Learned from When In Manila Induction
1. People will treat you with what you give them. With the different people you meet everyday, not everyone gets the chance to get to know you and your problems. What they only see is what you show or give to them. People assume, people judge, that’s human nature. So, if you want people to have a good perception of you, share nice things, do nice things.
2. Share good vibes! As one of the speakers, Mae Ilagan shared… “Good Vibes lang!” Stress is all over us. But believe it or not, people who share good vibes always attract good things and good people! Always remember that only 10% of any situation is uncontrollable, 90% of it is based on your reaction. So share good vibes and inspire people! 🙂
3. Have fun in what you do. Writing an article can be routinely at times… been there, done that. And like what Angeline Rodriguez shared, “Have fun writing articles!” Well not only in writing, but in everything you do! I am a firm believer that things become 100 times easier when you have fun! Less time, less effort… Try it! 🙂
4. Don’t be afraid to ask for help. We think we know everything, but in reality, we DON’T! There are much more knowledgeable people around you and it doesn’t hurt to ask for help. That way, the task becomes easier, and as a BONUS, you learn! So take the first step, ASK. 🙂
5. Update yourself. Updating means joining seminars and talks about the things that interests you. That way, you learn about new techniques and trends that you can apply to yourself too!
6. Listen and learn from the experts. In connection with no. 4, who else should we ask for help from but the experts. They know more than what we know, and most of them would be happy to share what they know.. Your responsibility is to listen to their advise and learn from them.
7. And the most important lesson of all, LOVE WHAT YOU DO. Whatever it is that you do, put your heart into it and everything will follow. 🙂
Aside from these 7 things, I’ve learned about some technical skills about making an EPIC Blogpost, the Art of Blogging and some SEO basics from experts Jomar Hilario, Anton Diaz and Sean Si.
Azrael Coladilla, one of the top bloggers, also shared his insights on blogging, how he started and how he reached where he is now.
Of course, When In Manila’s very own Charmaine Cabugnason shared about tips on Mobile Photography!
Dust Gaudan who shared how blogging brought him to his present career and Jason Cruz for sharing about Digital Marketing. Truly, When In Manila Induction was full of useful information for bloggers like me. A big thanks to Vince Golangco of When In Manila, all the speakers and sponsors and to everyone who contributed for making this event possible.
I owe everything I know about blogging to When In Manila. I’m glad and thankful to be part of this cool community!
How about you, do you have cool stories to share? If you have… check out http://WhenInManila.com/contribute and be a part of the biggest blogging community in the country, When In Manila!
Photos by Maurize Peralta and Joanne Catherine Tan
Write Up by Ivica Rae Say