1. Turn off any devices 30 minutes before going to bed. It will improve the quality of your sleep so much more!
2. Log your food intake. Those people who keep typing away at their smartphones logging in every calorie they took in? They may be on to something. Studies show that constantly logging in your food intake can stave off the calories!
3. Eat frequently. While this may seem counterproductive, those who indulge in small but frequent eating (that means eating more often but in smaller portions) actually lose weight more than those who follow the three-meal routine (breakfast, lunch, and dinner). When you starve yourself longer, your body goes into starvation mode, using the stored fats in your body to maintain equilibrium, making it harder for you to actually lose those fats. Also, keeping yourself famished longer leads you to consuming more. Bring a pack of nuts with you to snack on wherever you are!
4. Drink two glasses of water before every meal. This ensures that a.) you’re drinking enough water in the day, and b.) you’re not consuming more than you should. Drinking water before meals keeps you feeling more filled, preventing you from overeating.
5. Don’t eat in front of the TV or computer. While it may seem tempting to anyone used to this multitasking, watching TV or using the computer while eating allows you to eat more than you should.
Know anyone who can benefit from this? Check out our Part 1![fb_instant_article_ad_01]?