- Temptu Airbrush Make Up Artist Whenever and Wherever You Want
- Perks of Being A Wallflower Movie Screening
- Kobe Bryant Work Ethic: Story of Kobe's Dedication to his Craft
- Truck Bun: Your One-Stop Food Truck for Hearty Grub at Cucina Andare
- Ascott Makati: Celebrate Father's Day with Ascott Makati's Dad is King Promo!
Sony Alpha NEX-F3 Camera and 18-55mm Lens : Top 10 Reasons Why I Need to Have One
Sony Alpha NEX-F3 Camera and 18-55mm Lens
When in Manila, it’s actually very rare to find an affordable camera that’s both user-friendly, for casual snapshooters like me, and produces impressive outputs equal to those you can only find on shots taken with professional high-end and expensive DSLR cameras that can be equipped with various interchangeable lenses to produce several dramatic and creative effects.
I’m really a very avid fan of photography even though I’m just using a simple point-and-shoot digital camera which I bought several years ago. I could still remember the old days when a roll of film was still the necessary and required accessory for our family’s very first camera – an analog camera. My parents used to have several of these camera films either still in their boxes or the used ones tucked away in small black cylindrical cases and kept in their drawers because they were too busy having them developed immediately. They would normally take many photos of us not only during special occasions or family gatherings like outings, reunions, graduations, etc., but also during regular or ordinary days …….and they had the photos developed usually when they’re no longer occupied by their hectic work schedules (which would normally be during holidays). I could still remember the many films that were stored undeveloped in their drawers.
Several pieces of these small black cylindrical cases were kept inside our drawers
We will then have piles of various colorful photo albums all neatly displayed in the living room cabinet for all my parents’ guests to see during special gatherings and celebrations. The photo albums would always be the icebreaker to start the ball rolling for many conversations. They’re usually what keeps our guests busy when my mom was still busy preparing the food in the kitchen.
Old photo albums care of crazymoira
Reminiscing the old days until the time when digital cameras started getting popular, and the roll of films were now getting replaced by memory cards. There were still a few who visit developing centers to still have their photos developed and put in photo albums, but we chose to keep our digital pictures in our hard drives and backed up the older ones on blank CDs.
We really felt it was no longer necessary to have them printed on photo paper and instead made electronic compilation presentations of our digital pictures and converted them into a sort of a video, burned them into blank CD-Rs or CD-RWs, then play them on video players through TV monitors or on the computer for our guests when they visit. So now they are watching our electronic photo albums instead of looking into printed photo albums.
We actually bought several blank CDs just to backup our photos and videos
When social medias like Friendster and Multiply became popular, we then uploaded most of our pictures online with the exception of the ugly and blurry shots which we however still kept in our internal or external hard drives. When Facebook was introduced, that was the time when we finally uploaded almost every photo we took, regardless how many or how ugly and candid, so as to make sure our memories would lasts for eternity (that’s how we trust Facebook – have a lot of faith in a technology where we can filter or choose the people who can actually view only the pictures that we want them to see).
We were deep into social media and started uploading all our pictures online
Anyway, today there’s an incredible new camera model that is now ours for the taking as Sony introduces the Sony Alpha NEX-F3. This particular camera is brimming with several fun and useful functions that is perfect for newbies who just want to take great shots, minus the complexities. I would love to get my hands on this beauty so I could produce more quality shots not possible with my outdated point-and-shoot digital camera. So without further ado, here are my Top Ten Reasons Why I Need To Have the Sony Alpha NEX-F3 Camera and 18-55mm Lens.
Sony introduces the Sony Alpha NEX-F3 that is brimming with several fun and useful functions
10. PlayMemories Home Software – The user-friendly bundled software allows you to organize, edit and share your photos creatively as slideshows complete with transition effects and soundtracks. There is even an online service called the PlayMemories Online which allows you to store your content in the cloud so you can access them anytime using any device. This will be of great help to me as I have a humongous collection of photos that needs to be organized and selected ones that I would like to turn into a multimedia presentation.
Sony PlayMemories Home Software
9. Rechargeable InfoLitium Battery – Though it is more convenient to use double A batteries, they are quite expensive when accumulated and computed in the long run. I’m not a frequent traveler anyway so I have immediate access to power outlets and/or battery chargers. The rechargeable InfoLitium NP-FW50 battery allows you to take up to approximately 470 still images with one full charge. I’m currently using a camera that uses the double A batteries and I end up spending quite a lot because of the many pictures I must take.
The rechargeable InfoLitium NP-FW50 battery
8. Picture Effects – 15 in-camera creative effects for photos and videos are available to help you transform ordinary shots into expressive works of art. Many of the effects can be immediately seen on the LCD screen in real-time allowing you to review the output before taking the actual shot. I would love to add some creativity on my photos to give it a little boost.
Several in-camera creative effects for photos and videos
7. Superior Auto Mode – It allows the camera to automatically make the adjustments or pick the perfect setting for you even under challenging shooting conditions like fast action, low-light or high-contrast scenes. The Superior Auto mode automatically detects the situation and activates the optimal setting for each scene such as Hand-held Twilight and Auto HDR. It’s the easiest way to walk away with gorgeous, professional-looking photos every time. How I wish I would finally be called a professional photographer.
The camera combines Scene Recognition and high-quality image technology to automatically shoot the images with the optimal settings
6. Auto Portrait Framing mode – The camera uses a Face Detection technology and the “rule of thirds” principle to produce an additional image that’s automatically cropped to create a nicely balanced composition that can turn into into a beautifully balanced portrait. The original is also saved so you can choose which version captures the right mood. Thanks to Sony’s By Pixel Super Resolution technology, your portraits feature the same number of pixels as the original shots for crisp, clear images that make for gorgeous enlargements. This is a great feature that I can take advantage of and would love to explore more about it.
Auto Portrait Framing mode via Face Detection technology and the “rule of thirds” principle
5. Powerful Built-in Flash – It has a powerful pop-up flash that’s perfect when an extra burst of light is needed to nail the shot. It helps to really illuminate the frame so that no detail is left in the dark. The Guide Number of 6 combines with high ISO sensitivity to enable shooting in just about any setting. I really hate it when I get shots so dim or dark just because my camera’s flash is not that strong enough to provide the required lighting.
Powerful Built-in Flash
4. Tiltable LCD Screen – The LCD screen is tiltable up to 180 degrees. You can flip up the screen, frame the shot, then press the shutter release button. You can use the three-second timer to give you ample time to take a picture of yourself or join friends for a group shot. This would be beneficial for someone like me who often travels alone on an assignment. It is an inconvenience asking for help from strangers and most of the time the shots they take are not really that good. Yey! I could finally take a lot of pictures of myself – talk about vanity!
Tiltable LCD Screen up to 180 degrees
3. Interchangeable Lens – The Sony Alpha NEX-F3 camera offers an E-mount interchangeable-lens series that makes it easy to capture gorgeous images in many varying conditions. The 18-55 mm that would come packaged with the camera is a great zoom lens for everything from scenic photos, to snapshots and formal portraits. It has a built-in Optical SteadyShot image stabilization and enables shooting at slower shutter speeds. Now this would really make me look professional!
The Sony 18-55 mm lens
2. Pocketable But Powerful – Be amazed at the spontaneous pictures you’ll have the chance to take while others are fumbling for their bulky DSLR cameras. Their big fancy cameras with long lens may look intimidating but nothing beats the ability to easily whip out a compact point-and-shoot and take an unexpected or surprised opportunity for a rare shot. Now, combine that ability with a more powerful camera that allows you to take professional-looking shots – The camera is really something worth asking for as a gift for the season.
Small enough to fit in your pocket yet powerful enough to produce impressive results
1. Flaunting and Bragging Rights – I believe its about time I put my picture taking into the next level and be able to use some advance camera features to improve my work. Most of my colleagues, acquaintances and friends are proud of their DSLRs and as a matter of fact even to the point of flaunting (who wouldn’t) their marvelous DSLRs in their profile pictures in social media such as Facebook. Seen below are Facebook profile pictures of colleagues with their DSLRs. I think it’s my turn to impress others as I flaunt my brand new Sony Alpha NEX-F3 Camera and 18-55mm Lens! Yey!
Hannah, Raisa, Minette, Faye and Marla
Martin, Mark, Doc, Angeline and Arlene
Frank, Mimai, Carmi, Roanne and Shayla
Mark, Nikko, Mae, Mic and KC
Here are some pictures I took of a replica of the Sony Alpha NEX-F3 Camera and 18-55mm Lens. There was no actual unit available for demo since I was informed by the salesman that all units are sealed in their boxes. I settled taking pictures of the replica below. But still it gives us an idea of what the actual unit looks like in real life.
When in Manila, you’ll realize by now that many would benefit in owning the latest camera model from Sony. Indeed, this camera can outperform other models within its price range. Sony has repeatedly proven itself capable of producing well-designed cameras that produce impressive results. It has consistently received great reviews, and for many good reasons. Sony invests substantial time in the design process, and the results pay of. Photographers of all abilities now rave about Sony cameras.
Sony Alpha NEX-F3 Camera and 18-55mm Lens : Top 10 Reasons Why I Need to Have One