- BEST Kebab in the Philippines: Jacobs Shawarma
- Its More Fun in Kalayaan : Festivals, Foodies, Friendships at UP Kalayaan Dorm #PasalubongFestival2013
- Yummy Magazine: Food Lovers Gather at the 3rd Year of Yummy Eats!
- Hayabusa Philippines is a Proud Sponsor of Eduard "The Landslide" Folayang at ONE FC 5: Pride of a Nation
- Royal Family and ReQuest Dance Crew in Manila!
Philippine International Motor Show : Top 10 Car Show Models of the 4th PIMS
When in Manila, be on the lookout for car shows featuring the latest cars with the hottest models, like the 4th Philippines International Motor Show (PIMS).
Organized by the Chamber of Automotive Manufacturers of the Philippines (CAMPI) and held last August 19 to 22 at the World Trade Center, this year’s edition once again showed the best rides the automotive industry has to offer.
But aside from the cars, visitors can’t help themselves but admire the beauties each exhibitor felt would be best to represent the image their brand offers.
May it be elegance, attitude, power or grace, these models have given their respective booths a certain vibrance, making the whole car show experience livelier.
So, I have taken the enormous task of trying to come up with a list of the top models the event offered, giving you an insight on who you might have missed or who to look forward to in the next car show while trying my best to not sound like a fanboy in the process.
10. Honey Lena Bloom - The Wurth model has the “naughty and nice” combo to perfection. She made the trip to the show totally Wurth it (pun intended).
9. Alyzza Agustin - It’s pretty easy getting lost while looking at the Race Chip model’s eyes. I’m sure you’ll also have a pretty tough time trying to leave her booth as we did.
7. Arriane Bautista – Charming and elegant, the Nissan model’s bubbly personality stood out and infused fun to the usually serious affair, proving to be effective on both the young ones and the “young once”.
And no, she’s not Toni G.
6. Jhazm Malvar - This Suzuki model is just new to the industry. We actually didn’t notice but whatever she may lack in experience, she made up with enthusiasm as she endlessly posed for the numerous cameras infront of her.
5. Yassi Benitez - Sexy and funny, the RaceChip Philippines model was always eager to put-up the sweetest smile infront of the camera even though it seemed that the number of fans kept increasing as the day went on.
4. Aura Lou Centeno – Words cannot describe this Nissan model so I’ll let you, the readers, decide.
3. Maybelle Villadelgado – Even with her looks being compared to celebs like Marian Rivera and Kris Bernal, this Suzuki model remained humble and very accommodating to the numerous visitors that flocked to her side of the booth.
2. Mika Umali - Don’t let that innocent face fool you into trying something bad. This Hello Kitty-loving, Call-Me-Maybe-singing Suzuki model also knows boxing as she has taken up this sport recently. Try to have some chocolates handy next time you meet her for that extra-sweet smile.
1. Geng Maderazo – This Nissan model got an offer for a tourism-related job before becoming a full-time model. Can you imagine how incomplete today’s car shows would be without her? Just the thought alone makes me feel terrified.
Special Mention: Alodia Gosiengfiao - the undisputed queen of cosplay dropped by on the opening day of PIMS, wearing a Red Baroness suit while modelling for Nissan’s booth. Fans must have been screaming “Where the fudge/heck was I?” while shaking their heads and tearing their hairs. Pretty visual, huh?
So that’s my top ten (plus Alodia) list of car show models for CAMPI’s 4th Philippines International Motor Show. What’s yours? Pretty hard to come up with one, huh?
Or were you one of those who missed this year’s PIMS? If you did, don’t forget to check if a car show‘s happening especially when in Manila.
Photos by Lawrence Pagal, Randy Yanzon, Vahn Mendoza, Julius Rosaldo and Michael Refuerzo
Poster from CAMPI site.
Philippines International Motor Show Top 10 Car Show Models of the 4th PIMS