Growing up as a 90s kid, my day would not be complete without watching my favorite animes. Whether it’s a weekend morning or a weekday afternoon, Card Captor Sakura, Slam Dunk, Flame of Recca, Sailor Moon, and many more will always be a part of my day-to-day activities.
Fast forward to the new millennia and I still find myself immersed in the world of kage bunshins, mugiwara, and human-eating titans. That is why I couldn’t help but squeal like a fangirl when I came across these anime-inspired bags by Dorotee Sweetlips, a local Lolita and kawaii-centric brand owned by Ms. Justine Chantelle Abad, a 28-year old mother who advocates empowerment and individuality through fashion. Check out my top three picks below and see the overflowing cuteness that will not only bring back some childhood nostalgia, but will also unleash the inner kawaii in you!
3. Sailor Moon (Luna and Artemis)
Luna in Black
Artemis in White
“… sa ngalan nang kapangyarihan ng buwan, ‘parurusahan kita!”
Who will ever miss out this particular catchphrase? Sailor Moon was like the It girl of the 90s. She and the other super sailors were the epitome of girl power. While the show focused on their adventures, we can never forget about Luna and Artemis, Sailor Moon and Sailor Venus’ respective cats, who were there for the girls through thick and thin. Whether you’re a die-hard fan of the series or just someone who genuinely loves felines, these bags are definitely for you!
2. Studio Ghibli (Totoro and No Face)
Totoro from My Neighbor Totoro
No Face from Spirited Away
Studio Ghibli movies are the kind of films that you never get tired of watching. Relieve those bittersweet childhood memories of yours through these Totoro and No Face-inspired bags!
1. Card Captor Sakura
CCS fans, rejoice! We might have to wait until early next year before we can completely fangirl over the Card Captor Sakura: Clear Card Arc, but why not celebrate in advance the much-awaited comeback of Sakura Kinomoto through this perfect blush pink bag which makes you want to sing “Do! Do! Do! Dreaming~!”
Aside from the outright kawaiiness, what I really love about Dorotee Sweetlips’ bags is that even though the inspirations came from another country, these bags are ethically made from Marikina by a small family of bag crafter and, as such, are proudly gawang Pinoy. So, whether they’re to accentuate your daily OOTDs or to simply show-off your fangirl side, make sure to check out these bags today!
Disclaimer: All photos are from Dorotee Sweetlips’ facebook account unless otherwise stated.
WIN AN ARTEMIS-INSPIRED BAG!
Join our raffle promo! One (1) very lucky winner will get to take home an Artemis-inspired bag from Dorotee Sweetlips!
The raffle will run from October 23, 2017 to October 30, 2017 and winners will be announced on November 3, 2017 in this article. Read on for the complete details.
1. Contestants should be at least 18 years old or above to join.
2. Contestants should own a valid ID.
3. This contest is open to people residing within the Philippines who are willing and are capable to claim his/her prize at Sta. Mesa, Manila. Exact address will be given to the winner. Please take note that shipment of the prize is also possible, provided that the winner will shoulder the shipping fee (60php if within Metro Manila and 180php if outside Metro Manila).
4. This contest will run from October 23, 2017 until October 30, 2017.
5. The winner will be announced on November 3, 2017. Please check back on this article for announcement.
6. Only one (1) winner will be chosen.
7. The winner will be chosen through an electronic raffle via Rafflecopter.
8. The winner will be contacted privately with the complete information on how to claim their prize.
9. WhenInManila.com reserves the right to forfeit contestants violating our contest terms.
10. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook or Instagram.
11. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, we may alter, amend, or cancel the competition without prior notice. We reserve the right to change these terms at any time.
Ready? Join here!
1. Follow @doroteesweetlips and @wheninmanila on Instagram.
2. Share the photo of the Artemis bag (as shown above) on Instagram and caption it with this: “Get a chance to win this Artemis-inspired bag through this #DoroteeSweetlipsxWIM giveaway! Go to WhenInManila.com for more details!”
3. Link us your Instagram post in the Rafflecopter widget.
4. Provide us with your contact details (full name, email address, and mobile number) so we can contact you in case you win!