Google always believed that diversity and inclusion are important for thriving vibrant communities. Focusing on women-inclusion is the first step. Women Techmakers is Google’s brand and global program for women, especially in technology. This also became a way of celebrating International Women’s month.
Women Techmakers (WTM) provides visibility, community, and resource for women in technology to drive innovation and participation in the field. This event is designed to promote and environment inclusivity for women in technology, as well as celebrate women leading in the industry.
WTM Manila was started by Google Developer Group Philippines since 2013. Because of its success, the event was hosted annually as a way to celebrate the International Women’s month. WTM Manila became a platform to showcase the different works, passions, achievements, and successes of Filipina women in the technology industry.
This year, with the theme “Telling Our Story,” we aim to highlight the unique stories of Filipina women in technology. We invited a diverse set of speakers coming from different fields to share their stories and be inspired and empowered by these women:
- Maricor Soriano
- Physicist, National Institute of Physics, University of the Philippines-Diliman
- The Outstanding Women in the Nation’s Service (TOWNS) Awardee, 2013
- Third World academy of Science Prize for Young Scientist in the Philippines, 2009
- Kristine Mae Magtubo
- Project Manager- RxBox, UP National Telehealth Center
- Rappler Move Awards 2016- Digital Mover Finalist
- Gail Tan
- Head of Communications and Public Affairs, Google Philippines and Thailand
Join us on March 25, 2017, at The Forum, Globe Tower, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig City. Register now at www.womentechmakers.gdgph.org.
Don’t forget to follow Google Developers Group Philippines in social media!
Twitter and Instagram: @gdgphilippines
Google+: GDG Philippines