- 98B: Reviving Manila through collaborative art
- Roots: Music and Arts Festival by the The UP Underground Music Community at the UP FAIR 2013
- Tenishia: the most successful DJ/ Producer duo in Malta LIVE in MANILA
- Cinemajam : The First Ever Outdoor Movie Marathon and Music Festival in the Philippines
- Manila Camera Buying 101: How, What, Why, Where to Buy Cameras in Metro Manila
WhenInManila.com Meet and Greet
Dear readers and friends,
We want to reach out and share information about the WhenInManila.com global contributor network and connect to writers, bloggers, journalists and freelance writers who may be interested in contributing articles on WhenInManila.com. We’re looking for professional or new writers to cover their favorite hangout spots, feature the top travel destinations around the world, show off the best bar in their small town, write opinion pieces, write personality profiles, etc.. We are also open to suggestions in terms of editorial features on some of the not-so-mainstream features even like movie reviews, music reviews or almost anything.
Features are NOT limited to Manila. You can feature any place from anywhere around the world. You’ll also get a profile with your picture and bio / information so that everyone will see that you wrote the article and will help build your own personal portfolio.
- #1 Emerging Influential Blog for 2010
- “Ultimate Food Blogger” by Unilever / Sooo Pinoy organization
- Best Photo Blog and Microblog in the Philippines at the Globe Tatt Awards
- Rotary’s 10 Tourism Awardees for 2012: an honor shared with the likes of Zobel Ayala, Andrew Tan (chairman of Mega World & owner of Resorts World), Miguel Belmote (CEO of the Philippine Star) and more, for the 2012 batch
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about writing for WhenInManila.com - http://www.wheninmanila.com/faq/
Why should I contribute to WhenInManila.com? What’s in it for me?
There are various reasons that our current roster contributes to WhenInManila.com
i. Love of writing
Some of our contributors just love writing and are looking for an outlet to share their stories.
ii. Big audience
Imagine spending hours writing an article, only to find that just two people have read it (you and your mom). Again, we get MILLIONS of readers per month, plus we also promote your article on our social media accounts which also have millions of followers, fans and readers.
iii. Lots of freebies
Our writers enjoy invites to the most expensive restaurants, where they get to bring their whole family or group of friends and treat them to a free meal, all in exchange for a review. Our other senior writers also get free phones, clothes, gadgets, bags, accessories, shoes, and more. All in exchange for a review of the brand / product.
iv. VIP events
Our writers get invites and VIP access to the biggest and most exclusive events. From front row access to concerts, sporting games, clubs, bars and other top events, our writers usually get the red carpet treatment. We get invites to grand openings of the most prestigious brands and restaurants, VIP tables to the biggest clubs, media passes to the hottest music concerts and invites to press conferences with the top stars.
v. Learn to write / blog / SEO and more
We train each of our writers in the most professional and up-to-date ways to increase readership to their own blogs. We train them to be pro-bloggers and how to write better. We also teach many Search Engine Optimization (SEO) tactics that will ensure more readers to their blogs.
Many of our writers have gone on to create successful blogs of their own or get great digital media jobs from top global agencies. Which brings me to my next point…
vi. Great professional experience for your resume
Our writers have gone on to get top positions at top global and local firms including McCann World Group, Summit Media, Rappler.com and more. The experience of writing for a top online magazine and digital brand is one that can translate to a better job for you with top companies.
vii. Meet new people
You get to meet amazing, driven and interesting people as you feature new events, restaurants, concerts and more. You’ll meet young entrepreneurs starting out new businesses as well as seasoned veterans willing to show you a thing or two about what they do. But other than just meeting people through interviews on your features, you’ll also be part of our community and meet other writers, photographers, travel junkies and adventure seekers like you. You’ll also gain access to a huge interconnected network that we at WhenInManila.com share throughout our thousands of features in and around Manila.
Your profile will be posted on each article that you write. You will see your by-line with your name and photo at the beginning of each article, along with your full profile at the bottom of each article. Moreover, your profile will be added to our list of Authors and Contributors here – http://www.wheninmanila.com/authorspage/
Taking your entire family out to a free dinner at the most elegant and expensive Italian restaurant in town. Getting an overnight stay at the best 5-star hotel. Getting a free trip to Davao Getting a flight and accommodations in Hong Kong. Front row seats to concerts. Back stage passes to events. Exclusive invites to the biggest and newest venues. Tables and bottles at the high end clubs. VIP treatments. A free phone. A free dress. A free designer handbag. Free shoes. Meet celebrities. Meet young entrepreneurs. See the world! ….
The list goes on! It just more fun to write for WhenInManila.com!
Also check out our Frequently Asked Questions about contributing here – http://www.wheninmanila.com/faq/
To signup and contribute to WhenInManila.com, simply send an article pitch to our editors, [email protected] and [email protected] We’ll review and approve within one week but can also review it ASAP for breaking news features if needed. Once approved, you can begin publishing on WhenInManila.com.
See these pics below of some contributors having fun while featuring some awesome places!
Additional benefits to writing with WhenInManila.com:
- Millions of impressions / views per day.
- Link to your own sites. Articles can immediately be cross-linked to your personal sites / blogs after launching on WhenInManila.com.
- Work with a seasoned editorial team.
- Help build your portfolio with online articles on our well known site.
- Feature your profile with your personal description and photo for all our viewers to see.
- You and your articles get showcased to our fans on Facebook (Facebook.com/WhenInManila) and followers on Twitter (Twitter.com/WhenInManila) and Instagram (Instagram.com/WhenInManila) as well.
- Get invited to the biggest and best events and parties as well as different cool destinations all around the world.
- Most important – have fun, showcase your work and be part of a fantastic community / site!
When In Manila, be a part of the team that’ll take you places… literally! Join the WhenInManila.com contributors list and get your articles featured all around the world! Just email our editors, [email protected] and [email protected] to join.
Still got questions? Check out our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about writing for WhenInManila.com - http://www.wheninmanila.com/faq/
We certainly hope you will consider writing with us.
The WhenInManila.com team!
WhenInManila.com seeking Contributors: open to adventure junkies, travelers, writers, bloggers, ninjas and all